Wednesday, October 2, 2013

happiness is important

My mom decided to take a pottery class. She's wanted to for years and years, and this semester she finally is doing it. I needed to pick up something from her last night, so I snuck into her pottery class for like 30 seconds. It was the best 30 seconds of my life. My mom was glowing, radiant, grinning, wildly happy. I had never seen her that happy before in my life. And why was she happy? She was doing something that she wanted to do, something she was having a blast doing, and just something fun she wanted to do.

I think this is an important part of life. I think God wants us to be happy. Part of being happy is doing what we love.

My mom is a busy lady. She gives of herself all the time for her family, and she does a boss job at it. And I think she's mostly happy doing that - it is a difficult task. But she was so happy doing that little thing for herself.... I wanted to jump for joy; I was so happy to see her that happy.

So take time out of your life to do something fun. Be happy. God likes happiness. There are a trillion Bible verses about joy. So be joyful! Easier said than done..... but do something that makes you happy. Even if it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things (like pottery. :) love you mom) 

No comments:

Post a Comment