Wednesday, November 30, 2011

single = awesome

Not gonna lie, it's been a hard day to be single. Found out some college friends are now courting, found out that a former co-worker is dating a sweet gal..... and don't get me wrong, I'm super happy for all of them! It's just hard cause it's not me :P (I know, I'm a selfish, discontent loser.)

But! This post isn't all negative, promise. All day (besides teaching dance), I've been paging though this blog called 1000 Awesome Things. Each post is about something kinda small, kinda funny, but awesome! It's about appreciating the little things in life -- like when someone actually returns a pen you loaned to them, when you dry off in the warm sun after swimming, when little kids give you artwork.... stuff like that. The author did a post on how being single is awesome - and he's totally right! Being single IS awesome. There are so many things I'm doing today that I won't be able to do once I find that special guy. So I need to enjoy those awesome things now.

Yeah, this was kind of an 'encourage myself' post.... but the moral of the story is: you should go read the 1000 Awesome Things blog. It's kind of awesome. :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree--sometimes it's really hard being single! :) But then I think, like you do, that God has me single right now for a purpose that I won't be able to complete once I have a family of my own! Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete